Tuesday, December 22, 2009

WHAT A DAY!!!!

I am sure I am going to look back on this day and laugh!!! So, poor little Andrew is still having tummy problems even after being on zantac. The doctor sent us to St. Joseph hospital in Ann Arbor this morning. It would have been fine and good had I received more notice. I had 30 minutes to get the kids ready, get myself dressed and get out the door. Well, to my amazement I did it. Poor Isabella's hair was all over the place and she looked like she just woke up, I looked like I just rolled out of bed and Andrew looked like a little doll after his bath. We got to the hospital on time and of course I parked in the wrong spot. Who knew that there were two different imaging places at the hospital? There was a really nice woman who helped us and called a shuttle so I didn't have to pack the kids back up in the car. We finally arrived in the right spot at 11:15 a.m. Of course our appointment was at 10:45! The woman who did Andrew's ultrasound was more than understanding and was surprised that I made it there even at 11:15. Isabella was such a little trooper. She knows when we go to Andrew's appointments that she gets a snack. THANK GOODNESS I had some stored in the diaper bag. Poor girl didn't even have a cup of water packed for her. She was so understanding about it and told me that we would get some water when we get home! Her reaction of course surprised me because normally when I tell her I don't have water a major tantrum takes place. We were in such a hurry to get to the hospital that I didn't even pack her a diaper. Well, of course she decides it would be a great time to go poop. That just added to my morning. So, now I have a little girl who stinks and a poor little guy getting his tummy checked out. Well, the ultrasound came back just fine. Now I am sitting here waiting for the Dr. to call me back to see what the next step is. Hoping she is going to try him on another medication. Poor little guy just screams after he eats and spits up all over the place. I feel so helpless because I don't know what to do for him. Just praying we get to the bottom of it. At the time of everything going on all I wanted to do was cry. I kept telling myself that I could handle it and surprisingly we are all at home and both kids are sleeping. The whole situation has shown me that I can handle more than I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment