Thursday, December 12, 2013

Will I ever catch up?

Some days I wonder if I will ever catch up on things in the house.. or will I ever plan another weeks worth of dinners again? You see, I plan dinner the day of. Thank goodness for the crockpot and being able to throw frozen chicken breasts and some ingredients on top of that and you get dinner! Today, I have decided spaghetti sounds good because to be honest, that is all we have. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and we go out to dinner as a family. I have to admit, lately I just like ordering carry out on Fridays. We never know what kind of mood Elin will be in and sometimes I end up holding her and try to eat. Oh, did I mention when we hold her she doesn't really like to sit in your arms? You have to hold her and sway back and forth and when someone wants to take over and hold her for me, I continue to sway. Back to catching up.. there is laundry, dinner, maybe catching up on a few zzz's (let's be honest.. that will not happen until the kids are teenagers) and by then my internal clock with want to get up early and not nap anymore. I am almost caught up on the kid's laundry for the week, which is nice because that is one less thing Doug and I will have to do this weekend. I also have to find time to make cookies for the cookie exchange party we are going to on Saturday. Hopefully, I will be able to fit that in tomorrow before we have to go to Andrew and Ellasyn's Christmas play. So right now, I will pray that Elin decides she wants to take the mother of all naps tomorrow and I can at least get the cookie dough made. Phew.. I am tired just thinking about it. I am incredibly blessed with a terrific husband that loves helping me out when I feel like I am drowning. Well, back to laundry! Keep Smiling :) Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment