Friday, December 27, 2013

Ahhhhhhh

That is me sighing relief! As much as I love the Christmas holiday, I am excited to put it behind us. The kid's faces on Christmas morning were priceless!! Isabella was so excited to get a new bike, Andrew got a lego table, Ellasyn got a little people dollhouse and Elin got a piano kick gym. We decided to scale way back this year and have tried to instill the true meaning of Christmas with our kids. They each got three presents under the tree and stuff in their stockings. We have explained to the kids that baby Jesus got three gifts from the three wise men and that is what Santa will bring them. We kept the tradition of the Elf alive this year. Our elf's name is Everett and the kids got such a kick out of finding him each morning. Some days he found a new hiding spot and other days he was found creating mischief around the house. I hosted Christmas day once again and it went really well. We had the traditional honey baked ham, I made a jello mold and the semi-homeade rolls and everyone else brought a dish to pass. As I put Christmas behind me I am starting to think about the New Year and what 2014 will bring. I have started to think about my New Year's Goals (I don't believe in resolutions) I like to set goals for myself and feel accomplished. My goals this year are to fill up my kid's buckets. If you have not read these fill my bucket books to your kids, I highly recommend them! I found them on amazon. I just put "fill my bucket kids" in the search box. I am trying to teach them to fill other people's buckets as well. My other goal is to be as healthy as I can. Like I said in a recent post, I recently started back with my personal trainer so that is one way I am trying to achieve the goal. My other goal is to eat healthy and to try new recipes this year and not just pin and forget them on pinterest. Another goal is to NOT sweat the small stuff. By small stuff, so what if the toy room isn't clean all the time. It is in fact a toy room and it isn't suppose to be spic and span all the time. I also want to live by this, this year.
I also want to make a point to take a picture of my kid's each day. It will be fun to look at the pictures next year at this time to see how much they have grown! What are your New Year's Goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment