Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sleep? What is that?

Yes, who really needs sleep? My children think that I am super mom and I require very LITTLE!! Wrong kiddos!!! Mommy needs at least 8 hours or more so I can get through the day. I am hoping they get this memo very SOON. Anywho.... we had a busy weekend! Andrew turned 3 months old on Friday. I still can't believe how fast the time is flying by. It really seems like yesterday that I was begging the Dr. to induce me because I just couldn't take being pregnant one day longer. I am sitting here reminiscing over the day that Andrew was born. I remember hearing through the grapevine that there were some people that couldn't believe that I was even going into be induced. Funny how people have opinions but never share them to your face directly. I guess my point is.. that GOD knows what he is doing. I had told my nurse Barbara that there were some people who were upset that I would even consider being induced. So happens after Andrew made his debut to the world, Barbara told me it was a good thing that I had been induced that day because there was a knot in Andrew's cord and had he not been born, it wouldn't have been a good outcome. As I am sitting here typing I just thank God that wasn't the case. I honestly could not picture my life any different. Sure I am tired and a little cranky lately because of the lack of sleep and lack of "me" time.. but these two precious children in my life are the best thing that has ever happened to me besides my terrific husband. I have to admit.. the last few days have been difficult. Isabella is testing the waters and had about 8 time outs yesterday... but I have to say, we made it through. Today is a new day and she is being an angel. I truly believe the saying that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Of course there are days where I just want to bury myself in a hole and not come out, but what fun would that be? My goal this week is to look on the bright side and not dwell on things that don't always go the way you want. My baby boy was baptized on Sunday and it was the most beautiful ceremony. Andrew loved the water and smiled right at the priest. It was truly a special moment and one that I will cherish in my heart forever. Above is a picture of him on his special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment