Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mommy of THREE!

I am back!!! I decided to look back at my older posts and it was such a thrill for me to see how much I had accomplished being a mommy of two! Well, I am back as a mommy of THREE!! Last year around this time, Doug and I decided we wanted to add to our family once again! We always discussed having four children and let's face it.. I am not a spring chicken! Well, we decided to start trying soon after Andrew's first birthday. With the way things would have it.. we would have a Happy Thanksgiving by finding out if our family of four would expand to a family of five! Thanksgiving Day 2010 at approximately 5:00 a.m. I took a home pregnancy test, only to find a big fat NEGATIVE! Of course my heart sunk, but I quickly had the thought that just because we were lucky the first two times around, didn't mean it would happen as fast the third time! A few days had gone by and we decided to take the kids to see Santa . I remember Doug asking me on the way if I had gotten my period yet? I quickly responded with a big fat "NO" and he said.. well, not to be rude, but its on its way!! Monday at 11:00 a.m. I still didn't have my period, so I decided to take the last pregnancy test that I had! I took the test and with it in hand proceeded down the stairs. I glanced down and saw.... My heart started racing... I was going to be a mommy of 3 kiddos!! I remember that morning like it was yesterday.. I think finding out your going to have another child is the best feeling in the world.. the anticipation of what the test will read and to see that it says, "PREGNANT" is even more exciting. What is even more thrilling, is years back I was told due to my severe endometreosis I had a slim chance of ever becoming pregnant. Well, fast forward 9 months and on August 5, 2011, we welcomed Ellasyn Cate Hoye to our family. She weighed in at 7 pounds 3 ounches and 18 1/2 inches long! She is the sweetest little baby. As we were in the hospital I grew very emotional about bringing her home to Isabella and Andrew. Most of all I was SCARED out of my mind to take care of three kids! Doug's schedule has stunk lately, so it would basically be me with the kids! How was I going to breastfeed and pay attention to Isabella and Andrew? I have to say... the first month is a blur! I fell into a bad postpartum depression, ended up seeing my ob and being put on a half a zoloft. Well, the zoloft seemed to work after a couple of weeks, then it made me even more irritable, so I decided to stop taking it and start walking and exercising. I am happy to say that most days are wonderful and other days are just plain, I want to crawl in a hole and not come out days! Those of you that know me, know that I am a happy person all around and feeling the way that I did after the birth of Ellasyn, scared the living daylights out of me! I am not one to just sit around and cry! I think there needs to be more awareness out there on postpartum depression.. and even support groups out there. I felt so alone and thanks to my wonderful family overcame one of the darkest periods in my life. Ellasyn is going to be 3 months at the end of the week, and I can hardly believe it! She has fit right into our family and is the best baby! She loves to smile at me first thing in the morning and I think to myself, this is what it is all about! Seeing the smiles on my children's faces gives me the best feeling in the world. I am blessed all around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment